The Center for Watershed Protection is having a one day conference at the Maritime Institute in Linthicum, MD. The date for this year is April 10th, 2018. The event will focus on the cutting edge issues that will shape the direction of our profession. We will have numerous speakers from local agencies covering a variety of topics, and you will hear in-person presentations about the following:
- What’s new with the impervious cover model
- The status of the WIP’3 in Maryland
- Lessons learned from MS4 TMDL implementation plans and next steps
- The new Chesapeake Bay watershed model, WIP 3’s and the mid-point assessment
- Current restoration research funded by the Chesapeake Bay Trust
- New BMP tools and research (SW outfall protection, Inlet cleaning, roadside ditches)
- The new Stream Restoration FAQ document
- Expert Panel discussion on future of stream restoration in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed
There will also be live webcasts that will be broadcast nationally covering the following topics.
- Incentivizing Watershed Programs
- Managing Stormwater at the Agriculture/Urban Continuum
As we have in the past there will be plenty of time and food for networking and a Happy Hour afterwards. Hope you can make it.
To get additional information about the location and the full agenda go to the following link: https://www.cwp.org/2018-baltimore-location/
Similar to last year, thanks to a generous donation, we are able to offer scholarships to a limited number of attendees who work for NGO’s, local governments, or students/academia for the Baltimore hub location only. Before registering, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the scholarship which will make the final price $149. If you are approved, you will be provided with a Coupon Code that will take the scholarship discount off the price when you register to attend the Baltimore location. Apply today, the conference is scheduled for April 10th and registration will close soon.