This purpose of this Technical Bulletin is to help local and state stormwater managers in the Chesapeake Bay meet the following objectives:
- Understand the impact of nutrient over-enrichment on streams, rivers, estuaries and the main trench of the Chesapeake Bay.
- Define the best current science with respect to nutrient loads in urban stormwater and the effect of various management practices in reducing them.
- Provide technical methods to craft cost-effective watershed implementation plans to meet nutrient load allocations under the Chesapeake Bay TMDL.
- Propose interim removal rates for a wide range of urban stormwater practices for which official CBP approved rates have not yet been developed.
- Present methods for reporting, tracking and verification of local nutrient reductions over time.
- Assemble all the technical information on urban loads and BMP removal rates into a single document so it can be peer reviewed and accessed by stormwater managers.
- Provide practical low cost strategies for finding the best combination of urban BMPs to utilize in local watershed implementation plans.
[download id=”3446″ template=”box”]