Best Outreach Campaign in the Bay
This category recognizes effective stormwater education and outreach campaigns that seek to change behaviors that tangibly reduce stormwater pollution in a community.
Strong contenders in the category will:
- Focus on specific behaviors or actions by residents or businesses that generate pollutants of concern in the Chesapeake Bay watershed (e.g., nutrients, bacteria, plastics or toxics)
- Transmit a clear, simple and possibly humorous message that helps the public understand how the behavior change can improve water quality
- Use a mix of social marketing, new media and traditional outreach methods to capture the eyeballs of the desired audience
- Target specific demographic populations or under-served audiences
- Measure or estimate how the campaign actually changes behaviors that influence water quality