This category recognizes outstanding projects in the stream corridor that are explicitly designed to enhance the function, stability, and ecosystem services of an urban stream.
The strongest restoration projects will:
- Reflect an integrated approach to restore the stream and its floodplain.
- Successfully withstand significant floods without failing
- Meet or exceed clearly stated objectives to improve stream habitat and reduce pollutant delivery to the Bay (some quantitative documentation is helpful here)
- Improve aquatic and terrestrial habitats in the stream reach and floodplain
- Promote public access, watershed education or neighborhood outreach along the stream corridor